EVP & CTO
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Symposium RolesSpeaker/Panelist 2014, 2015
Panels Participated in
Brook Colangelo is Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. An experienced technology leader and former Chief Information Officer (CIO) to the Executive Office of the President, Colangelo now leads the technology-fueled transformation of K-12 learning at one of world’s leading education companies. Reporting to President and CEO Linda Zecher, Colangelo leads HMH’s Technology Group,a world-class team dedicated to cutting edge technology and services and the delivery of innovative digital content and learning solutions to more than 50 million students worldwide. From HMH’s global headquarters in Boston, he also holds CIO responsibilities, including core IT operations.
Prior to joining HMH in January 2013, Colangelo was CIO for the Executive Office of the President (EOP), managing the enterprise technology that supports the White House and President of the United States. Colangelo developed systems for the first digitally mobile President of the United States, driving a turnaround in performance and productivity through a strategic plan to stabilize, mobilize and transform the EOP’s IT enterprise.
Colangelo previously worked as CIO of the Democratic National Convention Committee. He also led the technology team for the American Red Cross’ Hurricane Recovery Program (HRP), dedicated to helping rebuild lives after the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina, Wilma and Rita.
- Five digital disruptors talk successes and strategies
- C-level relationships, engagement key to CIO success
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Bimodal IT, Agile and Speed
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Blurring the Lines Between IT and Business
- Internal vs. external customers? CIO Brook Colangelo doesn't buy it
- Top CIOs reveal their biggest information technology issues
- Preparing for the next digital revolution at the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
- 7 Ways CIOs Should Prepare for the Digital Enterprise