Dr. Dieter Haban
Daimler Trucks North America
Symposium RolesSpeaker/Panelist 2014
CIO Award Finalist 2014
CIO Award Judge 2015
Panels Participated in
Dieter Haban is responsible for the entire Daimler Trucks North America IT systems network and overarching IT technology strategy for the company’s manufacturing network across North America. His organization guides the company’s technology strategy with a specific focus on creating innovative solutions to improve company IT processes.
Dr. Haban joined Daimler in 1990 and has held various management positions throughout the Daimler organization including oversight of numerous global projects. He joined Daimler Trucks North America as CIO in 2005.
Dr. Haban has a Master and Ph.D Degree in Computer Science and was previously a researcher at the ICSI, University of California at Berkeley. He presently resides in Portland, Oregon.
"I take great pride in leading Daimler Trucks North America's technology strategy with a specific focus on creating innovative solutions to improve company processes. The honor of being chosen as a finalist for the MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award validates my team's substantial efforts to stay at the forefront of the commercial vehicle industry in terms of customer focus and information technology."
- Daimler Trucks' top IT exec hires a mix of 'Einsteins' and 'Edisons'
- The Internet-Connected Engine Will Change Trucking
- Sensor data acts as virtual mechanic for Daimler Trucks
- Daimler Trucks CIO seeks to hire 'Edisons' and 'Einsteins'
- Daimler Trucks CIO: Pivotal student experience shaped leadership style
- Top CIOs reveal their biggest information technology issues
- Judging the MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award
- The 2014 MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Awards
- Preparing for the next digital revolution at the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
- IoT management still constrained by lack of common architecture
- Internet Of Things: In Search Of An Architecture
- The Morning Download: ‘Do Not Track’ May Favor Google, Facebook
- Daimler Trucks North America connects the dots with truck sensors and service apps
- Daimler Trucks Tapping Internet of Things For Predictive Maintenance
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Names Leading Chief Information Officers as Finalists for the 2014 CIO Leadership Award