Founder & CEO
Symposium RolesSpeaker/Panelist 2015
Panels Participated in
Jerry is the founder and CEO of Vivanda, Inc., the world's most sophisticated food experience platform that is personalized and made portable by FlavorPrint®. Jerry led the incubation of FlavorPrint® within McCormick. FlavorPrint® provides consumers with recommendations and personalized food experiences, contextualized to every moment, every day.
With over 25 years of Leadership experience, Jerry is widely recognized in the Retail and Food Industry as a technology pioneer. Prior to Vivanda, Jerry was McCormick & Company’s first CIO and held the position for 14 years. In this role, he led major business transformation initiatives to enable cross-functional capabilities and growth. When asked to envision future growth strategies, Jerry refocused McCormick’s technology strategy on consumer-facing Connected Commerce initiatives… yielding FlavorPrint.
Prior to McCormick, Jerry was a Partner in the Management Consulting Practice at Ernst and Young. His passion for entrepreneurial ventures started with Manugistics, a technology startup that defined Supply Chain Management in the late 80s. He led Commercial, Service, and Development organizations. He has an Economics and Political Science degree from Dickinson College.
- McCormick spices up food market with digital platform business
- How CIOs Can Prepare For The Platform Economy
- The Enterprise Transformation Conundrum
- Digital Business Models Take Shape Across--and Among--Industries
- As platform companies take over, how can product companies keep up?
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: From Digitally Disrupted to Digital Master