Lindsey Anderson, SM ‘79
MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
Symposium RolesSpeaker/Panel Team Member 2012, 2013, 2015
Advisory Board 2013
Sponsorship Team Member 2013
Chair of Event 2014, 2015
CIO Award Judge 2014, 2015
Speaker/Panelist 2014, 2015
Program Team Member 2014
As the Chair and General Manager of the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium, Lindsey Anderson is responsible for ensuring that attendees, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers all have the best possible experience at the Symposium. Anderson leads a team of 40 volunteers as well as media agencies and partners. His mission is to bring together the academic thought leadership of MIT with the hands-on experience of leading, global CIOs.
Prior to chairing the Symposium, Anderson worked in eCommerce and digital marketing for UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories), Monster, PUMA, and Sybase. He also served on the Board of Directors of the MIT Sloan Boston Alumni Association where he organized numerous events and volunteered for the Symposium, including serving two years on the Symposium’s Board of Advisors. He was also involved with the Symposium’s predecessor, the MIT Sloan Software Symposium.
Anderson earned an MS in Management from the MIT Sloan School and a BS from Cornell University. He enhanced his graduate education at the Harvard Extension School with coursework in computer science and continues to learn daily from the MIT community, CIOs, Award finalists, business executives, start-ups, and volunteers involved with the Symposium.
- Will the role of the chief data officer eclipse that of the CIO?
- The Morning Download: Internet of Things Opens Way for New Business Models
- Exploring the Evolving Role of CIOs
- 2015 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium to Help CIOs Invent the Future and Accelerate Success through Technology
- Lack of urgency and speed hamstring digital transformation
- Movers and Shakers: Lindsey Anderson, Chair of The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
- 5 Questions With… Lindsey Anderson