CIO Schindler Group & CEO Schindler Digital Business Ltd.
Symposium RolesSpeaker/Panelist 2015
CIO Award Winner 2015
Panels Participated in
Michael Nilles is the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Schindler and serves as the CEO of Schindler Digital Business AG. Michael is responsible globally for Digital Business, Information Technology, Business Process Management and Business Shared Services at Schindler. He is based at the Global Headquarters in Lucerne, Switzerland. Michael’s work in moving Schindler forward with data and mobility using iOS and custom apps is featured on the Apple website: http://www.apple.com/business/schindler/
Previously, Michael worked as Group CIO for Schaeffler AG and before he was the Group CIO for Bosch Rexroth AG where he also held positions as CIO Americas, Program Director Global SAP and IT Director Greater China. Michael started his career as SAP consultant for Supply Chain Management in the Asian/Pacific Region. During his international assignments Michael was living 5 years in China and 5 years in the USA.
Michael is a Member of the Board of Directors of global medical devices company Medela Holding AG.
Michael holds a Master’s degree from the University of Cologne/Germany in Business Administration and Information Systems and an MBA from Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University, Evanston, IL/USA.
"On behalf of Schindler, I am incredibly honored to be the 2015 winner of the MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award. This is an outstanding recognition of our entire team which is taking digitization to the next level with great dedication and vigorous innovation for both, our customers and our employees. It substantiates our strategic efforts to further drive digitization in order to stay at the forefront of our industry."
- CIO seeks 'disruptive opportunities'
- Five digital disruptors talk successes and strategies
- Will the role of the chief data officer eclipse that of the CIO?
- MIT Sloan winner: 'Unity of effort' vital to digital transformation
- CVS Health's Chief Digital Officer On Working With IT To Drive Digital Transformation
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Bimodal IT, Agile and Speed
- How Can We Make the CIO Job More Appealing?
- Digital Business Models Take Shape Across--and Among--Industries
- The Morning Download: Internet of Things Opens Way for New Business Models
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Announces Winner of the 2015 CIO Leadership Award
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Names Leading Chief Information Officers as Finalists for the 2015 CIO Leadership Award